my mouse won't work

Titanium

New Member
I have recently built myself a new computer and installed Windows XP. The mouse won't work. I plug it in the USB slot. The light on the bottom of the mouse glows, but the pointer on the screen doesn't move. I tried plugging the mouse into a different USB slot, but nothing happens. I even tried a different mouse, and no success either. However, my USB keyboard works perfectly. I have no idea why the mouse won't work. Any ideas?
 
have u tryed restarting ur pc as i normal have the same problem and it startes to work after i restart the computer
 
Have you downloaded all the updates possible for your current Windows XP operating system?

You can use the Window key and arrow keys to navigate without a mouse.
 
It works now. The computer had to install some kind of driver for it. Thanks for the help.

When you do a reinstall of a PC, the first thing you need to do is install drivers, then it will work.

Just keep it in mind for next time.
 
Back
Top