lfreday36x
New Member
Hello. I am working on my fourth computer build. I have the following spec:
MOBO: DP55KG
CPU: I7-860
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3, 2 X 2GIG, 9-9-9-24
PSU: Ultra X-4 600Watts Modular
VID: Either PNY 8500GT or BFG 9800 GT both work
INTEL Stock CPU fan.
Hello again. I am having some issues with my new PC build. When I first got everything together I fired it up and it would randomly stop at a certain post. Most of the time I would get no video and the LED would display 00. Once in awhile I would actually make it to the BIOS, but while in BIOS the computer would freeze and I would have to power down. At first I was using a new after market CPU fan a ZeroTherm Core92. The I switched to the INtel stock cooler in fear the the top-heaviness of the fan might actually be causing it to separate from the cpu. I am pretty sure that fan was secure as I got a click from each of the pin and it was tight. Anyhow, now that I have the stock intel fan in place and secure, when I power up all I get is 00 on the LED display and nothing happens. No display, just fans running. I get the same after resetting and powering up again, nothing but 00. May I have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I have gone over and made sure all power/sata connections are where they should be. I am not planning on overclocking. Thanks.
MOBO: DP55KG
CPU: I7-860
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3, 2 X 2GIG, 9-9-9-24
PSU: Ultra X-4 600Watts Modular
VID: Either PNY 8500GT or BFG 9800 GT both work
INTEL Stock CPU fan.
Hello again. I am having some issues with my new PC build. When I first got everything together I fired it up and it would randomly stop at a certain post. Most of the time I would get no video and the LED would display 00. Once in awhile I would actually make it to the BIOS, but while in BIOS the computer would freeze and I would have to power down. At first I was using a new after market CPU fan a ZeroTherm Core92. The I switched to the INtel stock cooler in fear the the top-heaviness of the fan might actually be causing it to separate from the cpu. I am pretty sure that fan was secure as I got a click from each of the pin and it was tight. Anyhow, now that I have the stock intel fan in place and secure, when I power up all I get is 00 on the LED display and nothing happens. No display, just fans running. I get the same after resetting and powering up again, nothing but 00. May I have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? I have gone over and made sure all power/sata connections are where they should be. I am not planning on overclocking. Thanks.