my PC is freezing all the time...

smart ass

hello guys!
i have quite a problem with my PC, as it freezes almost every time i click quit game in any game i play i really dont know what to do, can someone help?

Attachments

• cpuz.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 92

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Odd problem... You're computer could definetly use some upgrading, but that shouldn't cause the problem. My first thought might be bad drivers. Perhaps try to upgrade your video and mobo drivers along with getting the newest version of directx.

smart ass

thanks, im just about to install new video driver, i have just one more question: where can i see which mother board do i have?

alanuofm

VIP Member
what games are you playing?

you only have 128 mb of ram and 64 kb of L2 cache. if all your ram is used up, the system kicks in the virtual memory. sometimes it can become unstable. i suggest you get more ram. pc133 ram is very inexpensive

smart ass

yes i know that, but at this moment i simply cant buy a new computer so i dont really have a choice :)
about games: nothing sppecial really stuff like sims (1) and nba 2005 (i know what you think, but it worked perfectly well before, i just had to change settings to medium)

alanuofm

VIP Member
nba 2005 will definately eat up that 128 mb of ram for breakfast. make sure nothing is running in the background.

Lax

VIP Member
1. What PSU do you have and what are the voltages on the different rails. (read PSU 101 if you are unsure about reading/identifying the PSU_
2. Check what is running in the background (anything unusual)
3. Defiantely try and get at LEAST 256Mb of ram in that machine. Running XP (pro at that) with 128Mb can not be fun.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i have quite a problem with my PC, as it freezes almost every time i click quit game in any game i play i really dont know what to do, can someone help?
Lots of games take a stupid amount of time to exit ... is that a possibility (that its just taking a VERY long time to exit?)

you only have 128 mb of ram and 64 kb of L2 cache. if all your ram is used up, the system kicks in the virtual memory
The L2 cache count doesnt have anything to do with the V.M

thanks, im just about to install new video driver, i have just one more question: where can i see which mother board do i have?
CPU
The motherboard is a vague DFI 8363-686A

smart ass

i had some internet problems, but now im back
comp freezse for sure, as when everything goes right it quits the game in a short time
anyway thank you guys again ;)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
comp freezse for sure, as when everything goes right it quits the game in a short time
Yah thats normal ... games take awhile sometimes to clear out memory and restore system resources :)