my SECOND cpu not working!! HELP

OrangeJulius07

this is the second brand new cpu i've purchased that is not working correctly with my system, and i doubt its the cpu anymore.
the first one i had was a e6600 with 1066fsb from newegg, the new one i have is a e6750 with 1333 fsb

i have a 500w power supply - Raidmax 22amps on a single +12v rail
i am powering a raidmax dirktooth smilodon case (with blue leds) and with 4 case fans in itself. the powersupply fan, and the processor fan (a freezer 7 pro)
i have 2x1Gb memory sticks of OCZ 800mhz(i think)-reaper edition
i have a single dell version of a nvidia geforce 6700 video card 256mb
a hard drive by western digital
a single sony dvd rom drive

and all this plugged into a (used when i got it) asus striker extreme mobo, that has some bent or broken pins a couple like 3 on the processor holder
but with my Pentium D 2.66ghz processor, everything runs fine.

if anyone could explain to me why i can't even get the processors (core 2's) to even show up on the screen, the power runs and the fans turn on and the leds do too, i may even hear the harddrive spinning around, but with the core 2 duo's nothing comes on the screen not even the bios. and no beep with core 2's either.
if any of you have experienced the stikers (the bios sucks) although it is the very newest version i have, i've checked that about 100 times. it says CPU INIT on the back, just like whenever it has a fking problem.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP!!!!
i would be so incredibly thankful, i've talked to asus, and intel and they are not helpful at all.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Well obviously your bent pins on the mobo is causing the issue. If the motherboard is still under warranty, RMA it. If not, you'll have to buy a new one.