My Second Moniter Doesn't Show up after startup

Seth Bealer

Once I start my computer my second monitor does not load. It will be a black screen. I have went into the windows settings and if I set the display to show the working monitor then hit revert to extend display it will load up with my wallpaper and work. I have replaced the monitor which originally was a TV to a Samsung s22B310. Its not the best but way better than the TV I was using. A little more information about the problem is I bought a new hard drive (Solid State Drive) and reloaded windows not touching my computer except to put the new drive in. it was working before the reset and now will not work. I have driver for the Samsung for that model and the drivers for both video cards. I and using a Nvidia GTX 1050Ti as my good monitor (which is an Asus VG245H) and a old Radeon graphics card. I do not know the number but got the old driver for it from before the reset. I have the nvidea game settings thing if that would help. I know the components for this computer are not great but they are what I can afford and to me that is what matters. I have been looking for a solve to this problem so I created a account and came here hoping for an Answer.
Thanks,
SethB5515

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How is the second monitor connected? You should only be using 1 video card, the 1050ti can run 2 monitors. What is this old radeon graphics card?

Seth Bealer

The second Mo niter i connected by VGA. I could try running it off the one graphics card just was afraid it was going to slow my nvidea card down.

Darren

Staff member
Wait. You've got an Nvidia card and an old Radeon in there at the same time? If so that's your problem. All your monitors should run out of the new card, and just the new card (not onboard video). If you've still got that old card in then yank that out.