Name Change

imagine_apc

Whats up,

Got this little problem that is really starting to become an enormous pain. I loaded my OS (XP Pro) onto my new system and for some reason instead of naming my hard drive C: it is now F:! It would be great if I could find a simple way of changing it without having to use another hard drive to ghost it and reformat. Any help would greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx,
Josh

Verrona

So the problem is u've installed XP and now ur primary hdd is called F: instead of C:????

Am i correct so far?

Rambo

Verrona said:
So the problem is u've installed XP and now ur primary hdd is called F: instead of C:????

Am i correct so far?

Yes Verrona, that is what he means..... He want's to know how to change his HDD from the name "F:" to "C:".

I'm not sure how though, but I bet if you searched in google it would bring the answer up.....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Control Panel
2. Administrative Tools
3. Computer Management
4. Disk Management
5. Right click on the partitions, select appropriate entry :)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yeah ...listen to Praetor

That is the solution. I cloned my HDD to a new one, and the drive letters changed. All I did was as Praetor suggested and my PC worked sans les problemes :). Ok I hope that you took the solution into account.

JAN :)

p.s.: It does not require a format at ALLLLL!!!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah ...listen to Praetor
LOL yeah, had the solution a mile back :p

p.s.: It does not require a format at ALLLLL!!!
Not just that, formatting everything sets the drive letters in a certain configuration which might not be what you want anyways so it might be all for naught

Blade

Blade said:
I think that you will find that it will require a format...or maybe im just a tool??

judging by the fact that im being laughed at, i am to understand that yes, i am a tool :confused: