NAS Problem

a-spencer

The problem occurs with a range of PST files. There are about 4 that will not write correctly.

I tried a different network cable, much shorter, but still got the error.

Then tried the wireless usb dongle that works with the laptop, and bingo, no delayed write errors occur.

So i'll try the PC with another usb wireless dongle to make sure it works, and if so, i'll just use a wireless connection.

tlarkin

VIP Member
The problem occurs with a range of PST files. There are about 4 that will not write correctly.

I tried a different network cable, much shorter, but still got the error.

Then tried the wireless usb dongle that works with the laptop, and bingo, no delayed write errors occur.

So i'll try the PC with another usb wireless dongle to make sure it works, and if so, i'll just use a wireless connection.

In my career I have never seen a bad cable ever. I have seen bad termination of a cable, which is rare but the most common part of when a cable fails. However, it sounds like you ruled out it wasn't a cable to begin with.

Have you tried rebuilding the winsock like I suggested? Have you tried transferring any files with your PC to your NAS at all to see if it can read/write to network storage?

a-spencer

Yes, the file transfer works fine when the cable is plugged in. In total i have tried 3 cables of varrying length, and the error occurs everytime.

Also i have tried different ports on the router too, and still the error.

I haven't had chance to try rebuilding the Winsock yet, i will do that tonight and see what happens.