Need a new graphic card, any suggestion?

martinrouge

Hello all,

I have a HP - Compaq HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor, in which a NVIDIA gt 1030 was running the graphics until it died on Wednesday. I am wondering if any of you have suggestions for a replacement, given the small form factor of the desktop, and the need for dedicated graphic memory. The rep at a part seller said that the only option is to just get another GT1030, but is it really the only choice? Given that the machine still works otherwise, I'd rather not buy a new computer just so I can game on my spare time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You won't find many low profile video cards anymore. The GT 730 or 1030 will be your best bet.

Okedokey

The best low profile card at the moment is the GTX 1650 or if you have advanced software needs, probably a T400 4GB GDDR6.
1657326639744.png 1657327212833.png

Last edited:

Okedokey

He's probably gonna have space issues along with spending several hundred bucks on a card that he may not have the correct wattage psu for. I wouldn't spend that much for his current system.
Based on this there should be plenty of room. The GTX 1650 uses 75W. Plenty of headroom. Either way, plenty of grunt over the 1030 and the 730. Also more options than that.