Need ebay to sell here?

Karchiveur

anyone ever heat of HEAT before?
why do you HAVE to be on e-bay in order to post in the fs/ft section.. i am not of age to aquire such memberships there... Can I use heatware?

btw, if i were to sign-up there.. why would i wanna sell here? ebay would have greater deals by far:confused:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
If you are not of the age to sell it, then get your parents to do it for you.
btw, if i were to sign-up there.. why would i wanna sell here? ebay would have greater deals by far:confused:
problem solved then, dont worry about posting it here.

Karchiveur

ohh... so your just gonna get a good start to things on here now... i did not diss you or these forums at all.. its simple how i put it... but you should atleast use heatware.... its there for a reason... and no.. its not a n00b comming in and been cocky and trying to change stuff around... just mearly makes little to no sense to as of why you do not use any other verification other than ebay..

and yes i have tried to get on ebay with parents... we have no CC's.. so they mail the forms to us.. they have sent us 3.. no one ever made it to my place.. :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
We will be looking at adding other options other than ebay, if people recommend such sites that are very large popular sites and not fly-by-night options. The reason this rule was implemented was due to fraud, and the fact that I dont have the time to investigate any fraudulent transactions that may take place.
What is the address for heat? Post it and i will take a look.

Karchiveur

Exactly what it is.... also have you ever heard of "Troll Hunters"?
-Track down frauds and convict them.. i don't know the % get convicted.. but there have been times where we have shutdown an entire forum due to the admin been a troll, or track down 1 individual and find out every detail about him/her.. than make it nearly impossible for them not to pay :)

I am a member at pcabusers, and anandtech, i'm just used to using refs and such, i do not do alot of dealing.. more or less helping out with some tech Q's.. and tracking down frauds.... If you would like a whole lot more info. on how the other boards work lmk... on anandtech people get scammed once and a while.. (its so big...) on pcabusers.. the same size as this site.. i cannot remember the last time someone got ripped... you can prevent it by keeping a tight knit forum.. request heatware/ebay refs when a noob joins and tries to sell expensive items without pics or even sometimes with pics...

for instance, if someone has more refs than the other.. than the one with less refs. ships first.. quite simple... but if ya some more info on it all just lmk:)

[/rant]

Jordan

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The purpose of allowing people to post their ebay auctions here is just as a method to gain further exposure for what they are selling. In particular the reputation system does allow people to judge the authenticity of the seller. I really dont like seeing members here being ripped off, and prefer the safeguards in place offered by the auction sites, although of course they are no guarantee.
I will look into the heatware option next weekend.
I will also look at amazon.com auctions, I am keen to list services which dont have a minimum fee for listing regardless of whether you sell the item or not.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Also if anyone has used auction type sites other than ebay to sell computer stuff, I would be interested in hearing from your experiences.

Karchiveur

Yes, I understand you very well, no one would want anyone getting scammed on thier forums... Also, I'm not familiar with auction sites at all... (but I am sure many others are, its like the new DOTCOM) also your right.. unavoidable to get scammed... but your doing the best you can to stop it, although at the same time making it more difficult for legit sales aswell... heat system works IMO, and kudos to you for looking into it!

I suppose until then I should wait?!?
before posting a Big FS/WTB topic?

Also if you do decide to go with heat aswell.. I'll keep my eye open for most of the topics and check heat/info. on new posters for ya....?

-
Take it easy,
Jordan :)