Need help choosing a new laptop

CamaroMan79

Im in the market for a laptop (first one) and was wondering what you all think about this perticular Toshiba unit: http://www.katroindustries.com/tosaa7no.html

Im not sure who makes a good laptop, as I have never owned one. I do know that im staying away from a DELL and an HP because of experience I have had with their desktops. If someone could recommend a model and make of laptop for me that can suit my needs that would also be much appreciated.

The laptop must have the following:

-Under $1250
-At least 3.0ghz processor
-At least 128mb video
-60+gb HD
-1+gb RAM
-15.4" screen
-DVD burner
-No white cases (just personal taste i guess)

The things that I dont like about the Toshiba I listed above is that it doesnt use DDR2 RAM and it uses shared video. Ive been shopping around for a few weeks however and all the laptops I have found in my price range seem to share these characteristics, or they have one and not the other.

Wireless capabilities arent that big of a deal for me, as I am not on a network. I will mainly use this laptop for gaming and internet.

SAD_DC

"I do know that im staying away from a DELL and an HP because of experience I have had with their desktops"

GOOD DECISION!!..lol

anyways..truelly the toshiba you listed is better than my desktop! lol and i cant complain on this comp but if you want a gameing comp just go with amd if you could find one with the spec's you need...but if not this one will do. .

..for a laptop its pretty damn good

bigsaucybob

that is a very nice laptop and its also at a good price. wat will u be using this laptop for because i cant imagine that toshiba gets very long battery life. o wait it says 2 hours.

SAD_DC

he said he is going to be using it for gameing and interner but im pretty sure hes gonna have a car/home charger with him

spamdos

with that processor you are going to get a dodgy battery life. i assume its a P4. if you are after good battery life then i would recommend that you get something with a PM or a MTurion processor. P4 drain the battery life. toshiba is a good quality biuld and that seems like quite a good price.

CamaroMan79

How would a lets say 2ghz Pentium M chip stack up against the 3.3ghz P4 chip as far as perforance and gaming goes? I was also looking at the m45-s359, but it has a 2ghz Pentium M and since im not going to be using wireless netowrking Im not sure if I should go the Pentium M route.