Need Help please - Just bought a new PC

muadebe

New Member
Hi all,

I have just bought a new PC from Eclipse PC.

Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0ghz
4096 mb DDR2 800mhz
512mb 9800 GTX
500gb Samsung Spinpoint t 7200rpm Sata 2 HD
ASRock Conroe 1333-ESATA" LGA775,Lan,7.1Snd,ATX

Since receiving this machine a few days ago things have not been working too well.

The CPU should run at 3.0ghz but is reported as running at 1.2ghz - I have benched this with Sisandra 2008 and the result was dreadful - Its running slower than my P4 3.0ghz (using now) 1gb ram PC of old.
I have looked in BIOS and If I change any options to manually set the FSB it wont boot so no help there.

I have also seen that the Motherboard apparently supports DDR2 667/533. So I assume this means it is slowing my memory. I was originally supose to get a GigaByte P35-S3G motherboard but it was out of stock - so they asked if I wanted to wait or have an alternate model that was of the same spec. I was happy with a comparable model. This is not comparable tho!.

My Internet connection through the machine is unusable - its slower than dial up - although I updated the drivers of the Lan card.
I have ruled out my ISP as my P4 3.0ghz works fine as does my partners laptop so I can only assume its a hardware fault.

I also noticed that inside the case there is a face decal fault on the Graphics Card and there appears to be a large amount of spider webs inside which I am assuming is glue. The Sata cable is also routed underneath my Graphics card and is in contact with of the memory Dimms.

My Question is can any1 help me to confirm that based on the above I am elligable for a full refund?

Can any1 confirm the motherboard in this PC is not meant to be used with DDR2 800mhz ram.

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome.
 
you might as well try to send it back, it would probably be smarter to build your own, we can always help you build your own, but with the cpu, that sounds like speedstepping, try putting the cpu under stress, and open cpu-z, that should put it up to its full speed
 
When the CPU was benched it gave a score lower than my 3.0ghz P4. Surely even with Speedstepping the benchmark should have given a better result.

Im woriied now that they will be difficult and refuse to give me a refund.
 
ask and see, if they refuse to give you a refund, we can help you on that the reason i said to try is, they probably ripped you off on the price, thats the way it happens on most custom builds you can order
 
When the CPU was benched it gave a score lower than my 3.0ghz P4. Surely even with Speedstepping the benchmark should have given a better result.

Im woriied now that they will be difficult and refuse to give me a refund.

When the CPU usage rises, StepSpeep steps aside and the full potential of the processor is released.

Sounds like you got ripped. Badly. Wonder what other things they might've "replaced"?
 
Plus with regard to the motherboard - I specifically pointed out I was happy for them to use a different motherboard so long as it was as good or better (spec wise) obviously this is not the case.

I would be grateful If a technically well informed individual could confirm that the ASRock Conroe 1333 - eSata2 LGA775 motherboard does not support DDR" 800mhz memory.

My understanding is that it doesnt as the supposed supported ram is DD2 677/533 mhz according to specifications on the Eclipse Website and on ASRock website.
 
Straight from Asrock's site:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=ConRoe1333-eSATA2

1. LGA 775 for Intel® Dual Core Core™ 2 Extreme / Core™ 2 Duo / Pentium® Dual Core / Celeron®, supporting Dual Core Wolfdale processors
2. Intel® 945P/945G + ICH7R Chipsets

* Compatible with all FSB1333/1066/800/533MHz CPUs except Quad Core
* Supports Dual Channel DDRII667/533 x 4 DIMM slots with max. capacity up to 4GB
* Supports ATI™ CrossFire™
* 1 x PCI Express x 16 slot
* Additional AGI Express slot to adopt 2nd PCI Express x 16 VGA card, and other PCI Express x4, x2, x1 interface cards
* Hybrid Booster - Safe Overclocking Technology
* Untied Overclocking : During Overclocking, FSB enjoys better margin due to fixed PCIE/ PCI Buses
* Supports PCIE Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s
* Supports 2 x IEEE1394 headers
* 4 x Serial ATAII 3.0 Gb/s, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, RAID 5 and Intel® Matrix Storage), NCQ, AHCI and "Hot Plug" functions
* 2 x eSerial ATAII 3.0 Gb/s (shared with 2 SATAII ports), support "Hot Plug" function
* HDMI_SPDIF header, providing SPDIF audio output to HDMI VGA card, allows the system to connect HDMI Digital TV/projector/LCD devices.
* 7.1 CH Windows® Vista™ Premium Level HD Audio (ALC888 Audio Codec)
* Windows® Vista™ Premium 2007 Logo Ready
* Free Bundle: 1 x USB+1394 bracket, providing 2 additional USB 2.0 ports and 1 IEEE 1394 port
* ASRock 8CH_eSATAII I/O: 2 eSATAII ports, 2 ready-to-use USB ports
 
So I have a reason they must refund - ty vm.

They have provided me with a piece of hardware that does not meet my requirements as I have 800mhz memory.

Again Thank you.
 
I hope it goes smoothly after a telephone conversation with them when my Internet was slow I got the impression they will be very reluctant to accept the return of goods.

I think after I have phoned them tomorrow I will call Consumer Direct for advice and see if there is any further action I need to take.

AND I will be building my own PC's from now on.
 
the pc you got wasn't all that bad, i would recommend you duplicate it if you want, but i would definatly not order there again if i were you
 
Back
Top