Well, I was looking into finally purchasing a computer that had the capacity to run... well... Games from this century...
Trying to play games with my current rig is... see for yourself.
Windows XP Professional
Intel CPU T2050 @ 1.6GHz (2 CPUs)
1014MB RAM (How that is possible I have no Idea, thank Toshiba & Intel)
Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Approx. Total Memory 128.0MB
If anyone cares as to 'ze exact model that it is: Satellite A105 Toshiba Laptop
It is absolutely fantastic for gaming and other graphic and memory intensive applications.
So~ I was considering getting a new computer to use with my brand spanking new 1080p 46in widescreen tv (Which is fully capable of being used for a PC monitor)-- Not to mention the 5.1 sound system (would'a installed 7.1 but I don't really notice enough difference between 5.1 and 7.1) in the room.[/bragging]
-cough-
Anywho. I tried to set a budget and I decided... If I got a computer to use exclusively for gaming on said T.v, I won't spend more than 1/3 of what I paid for the rest of the entertainment system...
So I have a budget of around two thousand, I already have a monitor, sound system, input devices and the like...
I tried to get a setup on my own started, but I lack the required computer design/hardware knowledge...
What I ended up with before deciding to try and find a little help was...
MoBo
Intel Desktop D975XBX2
CPU
Intel 2.66 GHz Core2 Duo E6700
GPU
ATI RAdeon HD 2600 Pro Edition (x2)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio SB1040EF
Harddrive
Seagate 3.5in FTW
Oh, and 4 2gig ramsticks >.> Just for fun
It took me a bit to figure that the CPU isn't... well... the greatest thing in its price range that I could have for gaming...
So... I'm most likely going to go the other direction and use a AMD Motherboard and Processor... (Overclockability for the epic win.)
If anyone has any suggestions, help, or opinions on specific products that would be of use to me... I'd appreciate it a lot.
On that note... The absolute minimum that I could settle for getting would be
Windows® System XP / Vista
AMD XP 2000+ MHz CPU or higher
At least 2048 MB of RAM
ATi Radeon X1900 or higher
If there is any tidbit that I neglected to mention, tell me please.
Trying to play games with my current rig is... see for yourself.
Windows XP Professional
Intel CPU T2050 @ 1.6GHz (2 CPUs)
1014MB RAM (How that is possible I have no Idea, thank Toshiba & Intel)
Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Approx. Total Memory 128.0MB
If anyone cares as to 'ze exact model that it is: Satellite A105 Toshiba Laptop
It is absolutely fantastic for gaming and other graphic and memory intensive applications.
So~ I was considering getting a new computer to use with my brand spanking new 1080p 46in widescreen tv (Which is fully capable of being used for a PC monitor)-- Not to mention the 5.1 sound system (would'a installed 7.1 but I don't really notice enough difference between 5.1 and 7.1) in the room.[/bragging]
-cough-
Anywho. I tried to set a budget and I decided... If I got a computer to use exclusively for gaming on said T.v, I won't spend more than 1/3 of what I paid for the rest of the entertainment system...
So I have a budget of around two thousand, I already have a monitor, sound system, input devices and the like...
I tried to get a setup on my own started, but I lack the required computer design/hardware knowledge...
What I ended up with before deciding to try and find a little help was...
MoBo
Intel Desktop D975XBX2
CPU
Intel 2.66 GHz Core2 Duo E6700
GPU
ATI RAdeon HD 2600 Pro Edition (x2)
Sound Card
Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio SB1040EF
Harddrive
Seagate 3.5in FTW
Oh, and 4 2gig ramsticks >.> Just for fun
It took me a bit to figure that the CPU isn't... well... the greatest thing in its price range that I could have for gaming...
So... I'm most likely going to go the other direction and use a AMD Motherboard and Processor... (Overclockability for the epic win.)
If anyone has any suggestions, help, or opinions on specific products that would be of use to me... I'd appreciate it a lot.
On that note... The absolute minimum that I could settle for getting would be
Windows® System XP / Vista
AMD XP 2000+ MHz CPU or higher
At least 2048 MB of RAM
ATi Radeon X1900 or higher
If there is any tidbit that I neglected to mention, tell me please.