Need help with computer, possible virus and slowness

TryingToProve

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6526

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

5/7/2011 11:02:31 AM
mbam-log-2011-05-07 (11-02-31).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 225157
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

TryingToProve

che instruction at 0x7c922235 referenced memory at 0x000000000. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program, click on cancel to debug the program.

This has popped up the past several days when running this stuff. I always click ok to terminate the program. I am running ESET now in safemode.

TryingToProve

Also, is it okay if my parents use their computer now? I think they should use it in safemode with network connections right now. What do you think?

TryingToProve

step 2 out of 4 went to 100% & said unexpected error 2002 & gave me the option of going "back" and thats all, so I guess it wont go anymore.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Please run that in regular mode. Do not allow them to use the computer yet. The Eset online scan should tell us more whats still infected or if the machine is clean.

TryingToProve

hey I have 2 accounts on here, one I created and one I think the virus created. It says compaq owner and on that the destop is black and it will not let me change any settings at all. It says on the security thing that anyone can access my computer. Also, I am trying to pull up ESET and I accepted the terms and now its taking forever. I hope it pops up. Thank you again.

Last edited:

TryingToProve

I just went to my parents house and that ESET found 9 viruses, but before I could get on the this board and copy the results the computer froze and it went away, so I am rerunning that right now and will paste results as soon as its done.

TryingToProve

I had to rerun it again in safemode. The first time when I came back I saw the 9 threats found, but before I could get it saved the computer froze. Then the second time I came back the screen was black. So now I am running it in safemode. :)

TryingToProve

Here is the log:
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\29\37abc01d-4bacace3 multiple threats
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\46\4951a62e-17cd5057 probably a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.Agent.AB trojan
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file\hThe.class-30084142-2784f848.class probably a variant of Java/TrojanDownloader.Agent.AB trojan
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\common.jar-17cab044-7682f73e.zip multiple threats
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Default\poklgfkdmpibhojfhgdjoahajopgicpm\contentscript.js Win32/TrojanDownloader.Tracur.F trojan
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Acr27A.tmp JS/Exploit.Pdfka.DOZ.Gen trojan
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\n.exn a variant of Win32/Kryptik.NHY trojan
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A85EC1FF-58D4-4723-A09B-E5784A945816}\RP0\A0010008.dll a variant of Win32/Routmo.N trojan
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{A85EC1FF-58D4-4723-A09B-E5784A945816}\RP0\A0014348.msi a variant of Win32/Adware.ErrorRepair application

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So everything is good now? Yeah, I was still leaning toward you having to do a fresh install of windows, especially with it being that badly infected. Reinstall malwarebytes and have them run it every few days after updating it of course. Malwarebytes will be your line of defense against any infections you may get.