Need help with file error.

WoWPlayerHorde

I made a video that is 4gb long ( pretty big size file ) so when I go to properties and look under size it confirms this for me by saying 4GB.

However when I play the video it gives me an error the video can't be played ( with any program )

So I reformatted the file with formatfactory, the video actually plays now but it went from 4GB size all the way to about 100 MB ( 8 second video )...

Then I took and ran the file through vdubmod and somehow I got a little bit more of the video now ( about 815 mb ) which is just a little over a minute.

I can tell by watching it that it seems to go from the start for the first 15 seconds then jumps to the end so it seems to be the middle of the video that is corrupted... Any thoughts?

I've tried to reformat it into many types of files, i've tried all the main playback programs in case it was some type of codec problem. Is there anything left do? The original file still says the original size ( 4gb ) but it won't play so it doesn't matter that the file is all there...

Punk

Staff member
My first guess would be that your 4GB file had an extension that wasn't supported by your video player...

In what extension are you making your videos?