Need help with PCMIA Drivers

rswitzer

Acquired a Dell C400 laptop, wiped its disk clean, installed Fedora Core 4 Linux and Windows XP, duel boots great.

The point of the above statement is, I installed Windows XP with no Dell drivers already there. I had to manually download a video driver and modem driver to make it work.

Now Im trying to install a Hawking wireless PCMIA card. I install it's CD, but it cant seem to find the card. Is there some type of driver for the PCMIA that I must load to make it work? I cant seem to find any info on this on the dell site.

Any help will be appreciated,
Bob

jas28

any progress?

any progress on the hawking pcmcia card? I too have a dell laptop (running win2k) and the computer will not recognize the card. I returned the first one and got a replacement identical card to no avail. Same problem. Any luck?

jas28

I do have the drivers from the manuf (both included and the latest from the Internet). It just doesn't work (although other card bus cards WILL install).

alanuofm

VIP Member
when you stick it in does it recognize it? it should pop up by the clock and say hardware detected. if not you could have a bad slot.