Need help with videocard.

Ace1627

I am in the market for a new videocard. I want a really good card with tv out and dvi. I want one for AGP slot. Pref 256mb. Any manufacture unless there is a specific that is the best. Don't really mind for either geforce or radeon. May sound silly but I would like a card that had the geforce mermaid or the radeon woman. My computer is a lot for show so this is kinda importent. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Ace1627 said:
I am in the market for a new videocard. I want a really good card with tv out and dvi. I want one for AGP slot. Pref 256mb. Any manufacture unless there is a specific that is the best. Don't really mind for either geforce or radeon. May sound silly but I would like a card that had the geforce mermaid or the radeon woman. My computer is a lot for show so this is kinda importent. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

...wait, so what is it for? just to look at, games, video editing, light surfing? what?!? it would be easy to say "getthe most expensive/biggest card" but that would be a waste if your not going to use it. 6800GT is nice...but i dont know ur budget.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Ace1627 said:
Gaming, video editing, surfing. Basically little everything.

then a 6800GT should cover it. or a X800 card. there not cheap though. a 5900XT/Ultra would be a lil bit less performance wise. or a 9800Pro/XT...those would be sufficient for the job.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
then a 6800GT should cover it. or a X800 card.
Considering the X800XT is supposed to be what matches up against the 6800GT ... and the fact that the GT is a better performer than the X800 ... and a cheaper card (thus meaning significantly cheaper than the X800XT) ... then its a clear shot for the 6800GT :)

a 5900XT/Ultra would be a lil bit less performance wise. or a 9800Pro/XT...those would be sufficient for the job.
Yes but for the price of the 6600/6600GT/6800 its not worth it :)