Need Help

Smurf-you

banned
Hey, I've got a slight problem that needs solving please:)

Well, My computer just suddenly swiches off, After a while
Example, Running a load of applications will just restart, Won't shut down just restart Or when i'm playing halo online....

I doubt it's a virus due to i've got loads anti virus software, And scan them a lot, I think it's something to do with over heating but not sure can anyone help me thanks.

Trizoy

VIP Member
256 9700 Radon Graphics card
I would think overheating, try turning it down to 4x of lower.. If no more resets then your problem is your video card.

Scrat

Smurf-you said:
How would i do that ?

There is asetting in BIOS for it...in the I/O or advanced section i think.
It will probably currently be set as 8x or something.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Also if you have a icon for your card in the lower right hand corner of the computer... click on it and it should bring up properties..

under setting in there somewhere..(not by home computer currently)

Smurf-you

banned
I can't find the bios, My mother bored is A intel motherboard D845PESV

Could anyone point me in the right direction please

Thanks.

Smurf-you

banned
Oh, I know that i've seen the icon before but i removed it, Because it's another thing to start up ... I'll try get it again.

Scrat

Try this... In windows go to DisplayProperties/Settings/Advanced/ then look for the AGP speed
agpspeed1ft.jpg

Smurf-you

banned
Oh i see, It's a radeon 9200, I thought i put 9700 in, But i just found the 9700 lol...

I'll put it in later

Anyways, It's already on 4x, Any other reasons why it would crash?

EDIT: Just tryed it and it turned off quicker then it ever before, I put it down to 2x, And now going to try it, Could it be over heating??

Last edited:

Scrat

1. Does the computer make any beeps just before it shuts down(assuming the internal speaker is plugged in... it is plugged in right?)?
2. Are Temprature Alarms... or any alarms at all, enabled in BIOS?
3. When it shuts down, does the power just 'cut-out' or does windows close then the power turn off?
4. After it turns off, turn it straight back on then go into BIOS and check through the menus for an area that shows the CPU Temp.... what does it say the temp is?
5. What is the ambiant temp in your room?
6. Do you have any extra fans installed in your PC Case?

To get into the BIOS, turn your computer on then straight away start tapping the "F2" key. After a few moments it should enter into BIOS.

Smurf-you

banned
I don't have f2 set up, Thats the thing

And it swiches off, Straight away, Doesn't restart, Then it boots up normally as if nothing ever happens

When it turns of it goes the normal noice, Fans slowing down, Nothing abnormal...

How can i get bios?