Need laptop capable of supporting 2 External monitors with extended/independent Displays

G0Dawgs1

I need help finding a laptop where, in addition to the laptop display, I can connect 1 32' monitor and a 2nd 32' monitor. On 32' #1 - I have schoolwork, etc. on the display. On 32' #2 - I have Netflix or Excel or Word or whatever on the display. Laptop is closed or whatever, don't care.

I thought I could do it with my current laptop but apparently not. It is ridiculous how difficult it has been to figure this out. It has an open USB-C and HDMI port. After trying everything, I could not get the USB-C port to work with an external monitor. Unable to get any support, help, or a human being to just quickly ask if my model supports it, from ASUS (really not sure if I want to purchase another ASUS ever again) despite having the SN# straight from their stupid Diag tool, I tried Best Buy. They are just as big of failures at customer service as ASUS. After much digging I learned there are like 7 different ver of USB-C. 1/2 do not support video, half do, then another half support it if you stand on one foot and rub your belly at the same time.

Shopping for a new laptop, no matter where I look, manufacturers website, sh*thole Amazon, Wal Marts website...none of the specs are ever detailed enough to answer if it will support two external video output connections.

I'm beyond frustrated how difficult this has been. Same thing looking for a desktop. I'm not a gamer, power user, etc. I use it for school, some R, Python, SQL, nothing major. I rarely even use it for any media sites other than Youtube, storage I don't need a crazy amount. The worst thing I do is probably opening a sheet ton of tabs, programs, etc. at the same time. I just need to be able to run two external monitors Ideally, bigger screen the better. I thought I could find this for $500 and under.

I try searching Amazon, Walmart, etc. with as much detail, filters selected, etc. as I can but Amazon search is garbage and so manipulated and full of scams, I am not finding anything. Walmart same thing, and there website is just total garbage. Make it more vague, broader, etc. Direct to the manu. site can't find anything. I was thinking an Acer or Asus, but I don't know now. I need something ASAP and someone, much more familiar with laptops/PCs can send me in the right direction.

Thanks

beers

Staff member
I use USBC to HDMI, which model do you have?

If you're intent on replacing it then any thunderbolt oriented one can be tied to a dock, my work laptop outputs to 3x displays off of the TB interface.

Alternatively there are also standard USB-A to HDMI adapters like the one @voyagerfan99 posted, or USBC docks that contain multiple HDMI outputs.

G0Dawgs1

Thanks for the suggestions. I have an HDMI port, and USB3.1 Gen 1 Type-C. My understanding was that no matter how, that specific Type C version cannot do video output over any type of setup...cable converter, docking station, external display adapter....So maybe I'm misunderstanding that??? That makes sense that an external adapter would work, but I thought I saw something saying even that won't work, but I can't remember where or what exactly I read.