Need opinions on this build

lelle

New Member
First time I build: Need opinions on this build

Hello! I'm building my first cmputer. I'm aiming for a future-proof gaming computer for under 800Euro. What do you think of this build?


http://www.komplett.se/k/shoplist.a...77495&su=30223634-697F-43E0-AD6C-931BA513E3D7

Will it work? Does it have enough power? Anything I could improve? Those parts are 680Euro, and I'm going to buy Windows 7 proffessional 64 it for the last 120.

Simply, can you check and ensure me this build will work and not crash every friday (you know what I mean)?
 
Last edited:
Let's see....

1) 2 GB RAM for a "future proof gaming PC"? What the hell, what's the thinking?

2) Excuse me, but where's the monitor?

3) That's a good CPU you've chosen.

4) Just a parting shot, 64 bit OSes have their primary use in utilizing 3.5 GB or more RAM.If you're going with 2 GB ( bad idea ) a 32 bit version will do just fine.

5) I recommend this video card for your setup instead of the 5770, it's only about 50 to 60 bucks more but with lots more power, and if you're gaming, you probably need a card like this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102809&Tpk=4850x2
 
As far as my version of future proofing (meaning go ahead and get a good MB and PSU so all you have to do later on is only upgrade 1 component at a time) then I think if you can get away with the 600w version of that PSU that would be better. You really should try and get a 4gig stick because you are going to be using a 64 bit OS. Later on you can add another 4 gig stick. Personally if I had to cut back on something for the extra money I would go with a 4870 for now then in the next 6 months or so you can save up the money for a better video card. I did the same thing about a year ago except mt budget was $800 for 2 computers..lol
 
Last edited:
I believe hes getting 2 x 2 gig sticks. in the column titled "Betyg Antal" i think it stands for quantity and hes got 2 in that row. Therefore his ram is fine.

If you could id recommend you get a larger case if its within your budget. If not then dont worry.

Also rogue01 he said he wanted to futureproof his comp. In doing so he probably wanted his graphics card from the 5 series since it has directx 11.
 
Oh, sorry bout the RAM : didn't see that, I don't read German, but yeah I should've been able to figure that out.

As for a 5000 series...hmm.....5830/5850, I'd say.The 5770 is also fine, but a solo 5770 won't cut it with the bleeding-edge games.I personally own two 5770's in XFire and I'm very happy with the performance I get.

EDIT: Come to think about it, what exactly does he mean by future proofing? If he means a rig he won't need to upgrade to play latest games for X years, could he please specify X ?
 
Back
Top