Need some help, Anyone know the answer?

InFlames_44

Hey guys, im running off a router
a linksys BEFSR41 wired router. Im always being disconnected downstairs, but not on the gateway computer. Its odd , i will be disconnected for sometime 2 to 3 minutes or more, then other times ..20 to 30 seconds and then im back online.

Now the settings for the Router is this if any of you are familiar with the faceplate settings.
Link/Act Green . Green Link-green
Full/Col Green . Green Flashes green
100 orange . orange Diag - Red

Now the diag never used to be red it just recently was red, i had to reset and it went away and i got online.

i have it set to obtain ip automatically so the settings are pretty straight forward. i never used to have a problem with these settings
:confused:
Also when i went offline earlier, i tryed disabling and reconnecting, it couldn't find Gateway or DNS server
and i couldn't connect to router through either computer.

Anyone now the solution?
im conufused

tlarkin

VIP Member
I have had a few routers work for a year and then do the same thing. They will start to error out and you will power cycle them and reset them, and eventually they just end up dying all together.

That router is an older model as well, in fact I don't know if anyone makes just wired routers anymore since the wifi ones are so cheap these days. I recomend just getting a new router, its not a huge investment and it will give you a newer better product.