need some help please

vendetta.

I just reformatted an older emachine with an AMD processor. heres what happened. installed windows xp, everything going just fine. windows boots up and completes the install and reboots sucessfully again. well i wanted to check the FSB speeds b/c most pcs that i have built they have the FSB set on the lowest setting. Anyways, I went and set the bus speed to 2000 and the ram speed on AUTO for best performance. well, i saved changes and tryed to reboot the computer but nothing happens. the monitor wont even acknowledge that anything is hooked up to it. I opened the side panel to see what was running b/c it is a very quiet tower. all the fans are running and the cd rom drive is spinning the Xp disk but the tray will not open. Im kind of at a point where i dont know what else to do. Maybe hook the HD up to my other pc and format it and see if it will let me re-install XP? Please help guys!
if you need more specs off the machine, lmk, i can give all specs that are on the front and the emachine model.
thanks in advance,
randy

PC eye

banned
Some specifications might help for other things like seeing what cpu and memory is installed and comparing that to the fsb settings that will work! You went above what the max was like going to 200mhz not 2000 for the memory clock speed for a 333mhz or lower 266mhz cpu or slower memory like PC2700 or PC2100 since PC3200 isn't supported.

The simple way to see the factory 100mhz fsb restored is to clear the cmos by removing the battery and moving the designated jumper pin back and forth from pins 1+2 to 2+3 and then back to 1+2 according to the manual's information.

PC eye

banned
100x2=200mhz -- 133x2=266mhz --166x2=333mhz -- 200x2=400mhz The specifications for the board, memory, and cpu installed will show what the fastest setting should be seen there. Meanwhile clear the cmos to see the factory defaults restored. That will bring the system back.