Need Suggestions/Guidance

HightecRednec

I'm looking to build a new PC and really don't know what I need. It has been nearly 10 years since I built my own PC from the ground up. Went to college and didn't have the time to keep up with all the new stuff coming out and ended just buying a laptop for convenience about half way through. Now I'm looking to put together a new Desktop and started researching and looking around and I feel so lost amongst all the new great and amazing things out there. My main problem is I don't know how to best tell if all the parts are compatible.

What I NEED:
1) To be able to run Photoshop and Illustrator (only have CS4) smoothly. This doesn't necessarily have to be at the same time but would be nice.
2) DL DVD burner
3) HDMI output

What I WANT:
1) WiFi
2) Spend $500 or less on just the case and everything inside it, if possible.
3) Ability to add Blu Ray later.

Looking forward to your responses. Any help would be appreciated.

jamesd1981

the main thing id say is try to future proof as much as possible, most new motherboards will use ddr3 memory, so you need to get ddr3 memory modules, but you also would be well served to pick a motherboard with sata 6gbps and usb 3.0, these are the most up to date fast file transfer standards, you can get a 1tb hard drive for £40, a dual layer dvd rewriter with lightscribe form about £20, if you are going to do alot of video work you probably want to look at mid range graphics cards with at least 512mb on board memory but 1gb would be better if your budget spreads out enough and make sure its either ddr3 or ddr5 memory on the graphics card