Need tips on buying a digial camera

newbie2005

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie. I have a $70 (USD of course) budget to spend on a digital camera. Of course would be nice to have the battery recharger included. What are some of the features I should look forward to have, based on that spending figure?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
$70 is not enough to ge a decent camera... Espcially not for a new one. If you look around hard enough you might find some good deals on used ones, but I doubt it. Most go for more...

Features you want...well you said you wanted a charger. Rather than looking for that, just look for ones that come with propriatary batteries. Ones that use AA's typically have very short lifes. And, rechargable AA batteries typically have less power than regular, so that'll kill hte life even more.

For that much, you'd be lucky to find one with auto focus and optical zoom, but those are features I'd HIGHLY reccomend.

A good way to see how good the camera is would be to check the lens size. Look at the really cheap cameras(like webcams) The lens is basically a pin hole and the pictures look like crap. Then look at these $5000 cameras and the lens is about an inch in diameter... The bigger the lense, the better the CCD, the better the picture...

Finally, just look for reviews. If you find a camera that looks good, look around and see what others think.

newbie2005

Found a digital camera at compUSA $49. It does include a battery charger. I'm not sure the size of the lens, but at 3.1 Megapixels seems to be sufficient.

(Photo) EyeQ 3341z Digital Still Camera, 3.1 Megapixels
5a0ae0c7-82be-48c6-9191-0797e650f104.gif

Camera Features:
3.1 Megapixels, 2048 x 1536 Resolution
1.5-inch Color LCD
3x Optical Zoom
4x Digital Zoom
Video Clips
16MB Internal Memory
Compatible with Secure Digital (SD) memory cards (not included)

White Balance:
Auto
Daylight
Fluorescent
Tungsten

In the box:Concord Eye-Q 3341z
Mini-USB Cable
TV Out Cable
Use's Guide/Quick Start Guide/Warranty Card
Camera Case
Wrist Strap
2 x AA Rechargeable NiMH Batteries and Charger