Need Your Help...Serial ATA not showing

Kmerlet

So. I'm having problems with my desktop. I recently had it shipped out here. Here's the story...

I broke the pins that connect my hard drive to the motherboard.
My Hard Drive:Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JD 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s Hard Drive
My Motherboard: ASUS K8V SE DELUXE 754 VIA K8T800 ATX AMD Motherboard

So, I bought a PCI ATA card, plugged it in and connected the hard drive.
However, when I boot my computer it says "Bios not installed" and when I try to boot form the XP and go to setup I cant go further cause it says "No Hard Drive".

I'm Bios came up before, so I'm going to try and get into my Bios again tonight.

#1. What (if anyhting) should I change in the Bios?
#2. Do I have to install the PCI software, if so how?

Any help/opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Kevin

Does Your motherboard only have the one plug for the hard drive??? That seems a lil unusual... Or is it that all you other plugs are taken up?? In which case you do need to install the drivers for the pci card. But to be honest i dont know how to with out a hard drive. You could always unplug a Serial ATA device plug hard drive boot and then add the card for your other device.:cool:

Hope I helped

bullzi

When you go to install XP it'll prompt at the first for SATA drivers or anything of that nature. I believe it's F6? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, copy the drivers for the PCI card to a floppy and press F6. Then load the drivers and it should recognize the harddrive after that. If not, that card might not support booting. (Which would be odd, most do.)