Needing to reformat again , Is there a way to connect desktop to laptop

marinerules

Needing to reformat again , Is there a way to connect desktop to laptop

[
[I dont want to ahve to burn data discs, I rather just save what i want driectly to my laptop , then reformat then take what I have on the laptop , back up to the desktop

RoyaL-TigeR

I think the best way to do it is to use your Router. In case you don't know how to do it, I will write it down step by step. (I am bored right now anyways =D )

Step A:
1) Go to Control Panel
2) Open Network Setup Wizard
3) Choose the following buttons: Next, Next, Next (Yes, use the existing blah blah blah), Next (Computer name, etc), Next (Workgroup), Next (Turn on), Next, Next, Next (Just finish) And then restart your computer.

Do step A for your laptop and for your computer you want to format

Step B
1) Choose a folder in your laptop that you want to use to store the files from your desktop.
2) Right Click
3) Property
4) Sharing
5) Select "Share this file on network" and "Allow users to modify my file"

Now go to your desktop

Step C
1) Open any folder
2) Type in //nameofyourLaptop
3) Chose the folder that you shared from your laptop
4) Move whatever files you want from your desktop into your laptop

After that, everything else should be self explanatory.

I hope that help. =]

marinerules

k

k i got up to step c whr4e you say open any folder on my desktop and to type name of my laptop .

waht do you mean by this , there is no where to type anything

RoyaL-TigeR

Oh, I forgot to mention that you have to have an address bar. Just use internet explorer and type in \\yourlaptop'sName at the address bar. It should bring you to your laptop.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Can't you just go to Start > My Network Places > View Workgroup Computers?

All you basically have to do was to "Set up an home or small office network" Wizard, and you done. You can view the files in SHARED (if you have XP)...