Nero Sound Issues DVD

beatmaster

OK, i have recently used TMPGenc , ifoedit etc to make some dvds and nero to burn them to disc. So far, no problems... Read on.

I downloaded a XVID file the other day, it will not encode in TMPGenc because it gives me a stupidly large file size, and says the length of the movie is much longer than it is. So i tried to use Nero 6 "Make your own DVD" software.

Well, it encoded ok, menu's looked nice and pretty etc. I put it in DVD player, played perfectly. About 2 minutes later, the sound goes from what it should be, to a buzzing noise all the way through the film, picture quality remains decent.

Does anybody know what causes this? Maybe a naff codec or something?

Please email back

Adam

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
it will not encode in TMPGenc because it gives me a stupidly large file size, and says the length of the movie is much longer than it is
1. Whats the length?
2. Tried encoding the audio via MPEG2 (vs PCM?)

So I tried to use Nero 6 "Make your own DVD" software.
I have a bad feeling about this already.....

About 2 minutes later, the sound goes from what it should be, to a buzzing noise all the way through the film, picture quality remains decent.
Sounds like you burned (a) too fast and/or (b) used crummy media (i.e., Prodisc) One way to rule out the encoding process it to play it on the computer :)

Maybe a naff codec or something?
Not a codec problem or else you wouldnt be able to encode it.

beatmaster

ok sorry about the delay in replying here. i tried what you said, but no joy. i played the files back through the computer, but i still get the hissing, so it isnt a problem with the media. In some places through the movie, the audio comes back, in sync with the video, and sounds perfect. Its not a problem with the source file that i can see, because the audio in the source file is perfect all the way through. Any ideas?