Netgear RT314 Router

rcann111

I am having two probelms with my Netgear RT314 Router that I was hoping someone could help me with.

I am running a network consisting of one desktop, two laptops and an XBOX game system. I realize that this is not alot to information but I'm new to networking and not sure what details would be helpful. Please let me know.

Question 1, my internet connection is not stable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas on where the issue could be?

Question 2, to access my office, one of my laptops needs to run a VPN. To date, I have been unable to access through the router. Does anyone know what settings I need to use to allow VPN access? Is it a port forwarding issue?

Would appreciate any assistance offered.

Thanks!

subzero7676

rcann111 said:
I am having two probelms with my Netgear RT314 Router that I was hoping someone could help me with.

I am running a network consisting of one desktop, two laptops and an XBOX game system. I realize that this is not alot to information but I'm new to networking and not sure what details would be helpful. Please let me know.

Question 1, my internet connection is not stable. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas on where the issue could be?

Question 2, to access my office, one of my laptops needs to run a VPN. To date, I have been unable to access through the router. Does anyone know what settings I need to use to allow VPN access? Is it a port forwarding issue?

Would appreciate any assistance offered.

Thanks!

Alright for one you need to get a stable internet connection that is one of your problems. and with the VPN it is port forwarding but there is also a program you can get to help you on that problem