"netgear"

Apokarteron

banned
I'm able to get a Wi-Fi network signal with the name "NETGEAR" it seems to offer free internet when I connect to it, the strange thing is I got this signal in both London and in ***** when I came, what is it?

jimmymac

VIP Member
i pick up both my own and a neighbours wireless broadband, both use netgear routers and the default ssid is netgear. not sure about your way but over here quite a few BB companies offer a netgear router if you sign up. Possibly something like that in your area

Apokarteron

banned
Both in London and in ***** the network was not protected with a password, maybe someone doesn't know how to set a password.

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Apokarteron said:
Both in London and in ***** the network was not protected with a password, maybe someone doesn't know how to set a password.
Alot of people dont set passwords. If it was an internet cafe, the name of the network would be the name fo the shop. Like jimmymac said, its probably someones own network. Oh, and why is the second place name censored?

jimmymac

VIP Member
my neighbours has no password and neither does mine at the moment, i took the passwords off mine as i was having trouble trying to get my brothers laptop to access the network, couldnt be bothered to mess around with it so was easier just to take off the protection. Its a quiet neighbourhood so shouldnt get any hijackers :p

Last edited: