Network Problems

P11

VIP Member
I have a D-Link DI-524 and im trying to creat a connection between my desktop computer which has the router connected via enthernet cable and my computer upstairs that has a wirless pci card. Everytime i run the wizard the computer upstairs never recognizes the one downstairs (with the router.) I have also tried using the wireless network wizard the one that came with SP2 and that still doesnt work properly.

Need help!

Ace1627

Check to see the distance between your router and your upstairs computer. Often times when you go through floors you cut down the reachable distance a great deal. Not to mention the wall you have to go through also. I am assuming it is a desktop with the wireless card. So, the easiest thing to test it remove all the connections to the wireless router. Take it upstairs into the same room as your wireless card. Plug it in the wall somewhere. You don't need any connections to the router to test. Then see if you can ping or pick up signal from your router. That should solve your problem. Then you will know that it is a distance problem. Hope this helps.

P11

VIP Member
that seems like alot of work for nothing because the computer upstairs has an excellent connection which is displayed in the network properties and the program i have for it shows 88% connectivity.

cunningham

If i understand u correctly your problem is that the 2 pcs network for sharing. If that is correct then check to see if both the computers on the same workgroup.

-cunn