New build - Not working

Respital

Active Member
Hi guys,

I built a new PC today, full assembled and all, but for whatever reason it's not working out for me. It doesn't produce an image but checked with two different graphics cards and monitors still nothing, all work with another computer. Also it seems to be stuck at POST because the fans stay loud and don't go down to a low hum, the hard drive is working because i can hear it hum nicely.

I really need some help on this one. :(

Edit: POST is an assumption because no POST screen is displayed.
 
Last edited:
Happened to me once try putting The GPU in other PCI express slot if you have one and if that doesnt work I think the motherboard is faulty
 
Happened to me once try putting The GPU in other PCI express slot if you have one and if that doesnt work I think the motherboard is faulty

There are two PCI-E slots on the motherboard however one only runs at 4x while the one i have the graphics card in runs at x16.
 
There are two PCI-E slots on the motherboard however one only runs at 4x while the one i have the graphics card in runs at x16.
try it running from the other slot it worked and then switched it back to the earlier slot and that also started working
 
What happened with me was the fans ran at full speed but then the SSD OS was loaded the small 99mb on ASUS P6T deluxe it didnt boot up nor the main os
I switched the GPU from One slot to another and the PC started working normally and after a few days I switched it back to it original slot.
Why dont you try that
 
what's the setup?

more importantly, is there onboard video, and if so does that work (atleast to get into the bios)

sounds like a bad board if you dont think its getting past the post
 
You got all the standoffs under the board in the right places? Got the 4/8 pin CPU power connector plugged in? Tried resetting the bios by the jumper?
 
Back
Top