vid card

psu (is the one in the case enough?)

processor

ram

HD

cd drive

is that sufficient?

will everything work?

ALSO can someone pic out a sound card that has front audio, mic, and USB so i can use front audio and mic???

if its not possible to get a sound card that has front audio, mic, and usb ports, can someone find a new MOBO (compatible with everything above, with the same specs as the current mobo, just front mic, audio, and usb?)

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Case power supply would be fine. Video card is junk. It actually shares a portion of your onboard ram. I suggest getting another.

Other than that, I think you're ok. OH, though your harddrive is only ATA100. Kind of slow with today's terms, but it is a great drive. I have one as a storage drive.

the thermaltake PSU sucks for the price... if youre planning on getting another one besides the one in the case(which prolly sucks 2) go check out the rosewill 450watt at newegg for just 30 bucks. Its really good for the price, its better than the thermaltake, and yea , thats not that good of a videocard...

CrazyIndian

links please???, i suck at computer builds and if i choose new things i will mess up

The_Other_one
and if you can find a SEAGATE ata150 for around the same price, and the same amount of HD space could you post it here?

Last edited:

CrazyIndian

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Western Digital is good, and so is Seagate. I use them both and they have been much better than my Maxtor Drives... That new drive should be fine.

Why don't you do a little research on the board. It looks like it might have the front sound connections you want. As for USB, basically any board woult have at least one extra set of USB headers on the board...

Video card, I havn't bothered to see how much $$ you have to spend.

j0hn00

Go with Seagate then.. it's only $4 more than the WD.

What is your budget for the sound and video cards? That'll make it easier for people to give you recommendations.

CrazyIndian

K

i wanna keep everything 620 max INCLUDING shipping, the cheaper the better.

also if im not gonna OC, is the case PSU sufficient?

Last edited:
really dont know if the case psu is good or not , since they dont tell you the stats, all you have to do is just hold off on getting another PSU until you see if the case PSU is good or not;)

Greg J.

VIP Member
You're welcome. Heh, just don't push OC too far, lol :)

Oh, and don't forget to download all the drivers from the manufacturer's website (like the official website for the sound card, and the official site for the video card.

Last edited:

alanuofm

VIP Member
you should get a radeon 9600 pro. those are pretty cheap today. look for them on zipzoomfly.com. zipzoomfly is quite a bit cheaper than newegg and shipping is free.

CrazyIndian

Bunchofstuff said:
yea , i'd say it's a pretty good card;)

all under 610, i think im getting my dad to purchase it today

thanks guys, i had it checked out by the computer guy at his lab, and he was impressed by it

thanks alott! :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the Thermaltake PSU sucks for the price...
they generally suck period;) some suggestions in PSU 101.

i hear western digital isint that great, and im a Seagate fan
and i hear Seagate sucks... and Maxtor sucks... and western digital sucks... and Quantum sucks... and hitatchi sucks... blah blah blah

id rather try to get help on the fron audio and mic and usb stuff..
well the answer is pretty much any sound card. it depends on the case, some you snake the connections inside, some out snake around back

also if im not gonna oc, is the case PSU sufficient?
it's sufficient. if you read the PSU 101, there are some ideas there and you'd also be able to make yer own decisions

until you see if the case PSU is good or not
it most likely isnt.

and also, im gonan oc so i think the current PSU is suffiecient
if you are going to oc... probably not.