New Compie ;)

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Ok I am gonna go for these:

Club3D PCIe 6600GT (500/1000)
Athlon 64 2800+
512DDR 400
Asus K8N4-E Deluxe - nForce 4 4X

Good or bad? I wanna hear your opinions :))

JAN :D

chainzawz

yeah but u might wanan up the memory to 1024 (one gig)

only upgrade to one gigabyte if you plan on doing any gaming cuz it will make all things run smoother! not just the game

Last edited:

Lax

VIP Member
I'm gonna actually agree there and say just buy another 512 stick so you can get the Dual channel (if you didn't have 2x256) and that extra ram for running intense games.

Apathetic

It seems great :) good improvements on the graphics, mobo and processor. Maybe a bit more ram. Lucky, I have to wait till its summer before I can buy anything to upgrade, my parents are setting times when I can use the computer because I have to work more in school :(

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Lord AnthraX said:
just buy another 512 stick so you can get the Dual channel (if you didn't have 2x256)

I am pretty sure a athlon 64 2800+ only comes in skt 754 which means dual channel not a option. Luckily that not a big deal.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Exactly

mgoldb2 said:
I am pretty sure a athlon 64 2800+ only comes in skt 754 which means dual channel not a option. Luckily that not a big deal.

Yeah mine is a socket 754 so no dual channel mem. However, as you have said, the difference is really about nothing. As to the previous posts, I am planning on getting 1GB total..but I fear that that will come a bit later. Certainly on my list of things to do.

ONE THING: Would you guys rather go with 512MB DDR 400 for the start, or 256 DDR 466 instead? I am planning to OC the processor to 2.2 gigs. I really cannot afford to spend more than that.

JAN :D

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna actually agree there and say just buy another 512 stick so you can get the Dual channel (if you didn't have 2x256) and that extra ram for running intense games.
Too bad the CPU doesnt support dual channel :)

ONE THING: Would you guys rather go with 512MB DDR 400 for the start, or 256 DDR 466 instead? I am planning to OC the processor to 2.2 gigs. I really cannot afford to spend more than that.
Go for the 512MB stick :)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Look good. I've been wondering when you'd get rid of that POS Athlon XP ;P Haha, JK, I still had my Thunderbird as my best computer before upgrading ;)

Lax

VIP Member
I never knew that AMD's didn't support Dual Channel. Oh well, you learn something new everyday.