New Computer Build, Advice Needed

Jordo

New Member
So basically I'm looking at around a ~$1000 budget for a gaming/work computer.

I just want some advice on my build and what I could improve/save money on. I'm not quite happy with it.
------------------------

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield LGA1156 2.66GHZ 8MB Cache Retail Box
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42499&promoid=1145

RAM: Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M4A1333C9 8GB DDR3 4X2GB DDR3-1333 CL 9-9-9-24
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42528

MOBO: ASUS P7P55D LE LGA1156 P55 DDR3
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=43124

PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W ATX 20/24PIN SLI
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=33040

Vid Card: EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Core 216 55NM 576MHZ 896MB 1.998GHZ
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=35503&promoid=1145

Case:
Antec Three Hundred Mini Tower Gaming Case
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=29812

HD: WD 500GB 7200RPM
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=23266

DVD Drive: Samsung SATA
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=45667
-------------------------
So all in for a total of $1127

Not sure where I could save money/improve... but I would appreciate any feedback. I would like to be under 1000.

Thanks.
 
RAM - Down it to 2 x 2GB
PSU - I recommend to get a slightly higher power in case of upgrade in future. 500w is just enough.
Graphic card - May be a cheaper brand? Or down it to 5770?
 
RAM - Down it to 2 x 2GB
PSU - I recommend to get a slightly higher power in case of upgrade in future. 500w is just enough.
Graphic card - May be a cheaper brand? Or down it to 5770?

Thanks for the reply.

After doing a bunch of research in the past day and a bit I've changed my build quite a bit.

It is now as follows:

i5 750
G. Skill 4 GB 2x2gb Ram
650W OCZ PSU
ATI HD 5770

Rest will be the same.
Lowers my total cost under my budget and I believe it will fast enough for what I'm after.
 
Back
Top