New computer setup - final version!!

The Deceived

Hi again all you wonderful people :)

Right, many of you guys will have seen a few of my posts before about building a brand new PC from scratch, and well basically after taking into account all your info supplied, I have come up with this setup:

[CPU]
Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ Socket 939 512KB
[Motherboard]
Abit AN8 Fatal1ty nForce4 Ultra Motherboard
[RAM}
OCZ 2GB (1GB x 2) DDR PC-3200 Performance Series Dual Channel Kit
[Hard Disk Drive]
Maxtor Diamondmax 300Gb SATA 7200rpm
[Graphics Card]
XFX nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX 256Mb (Overclocked)
[PSU]
Antec True Power 550W
[Monitor]
Viewsonic VX924 19" LCD TFT 4ms Response Time
[Mouse]
Logitek MX510
[Keyboard]
Saitek Eclipse
[DVD-RW]
NEC ND-3540 Black Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
[Floppy Disk Drive]
Sony 3.5" FDD
[Case]
Extreme Gaming Spider Case
[Operating System]
Windows Professional x64

Well that's about it, so please (for the final time) can you guys give me the last check on this setup, and can anyone tell me if they are all compatible.

By the way, the computer will be used for computer games programming, and a lot of gaming (hence the graphics card), and I can get it all together (including P&P) for around £1700 ($2900).

Any info would be extremely helpful!

ckfordy

banned
i wouldnt get the windows 64 bit version cause there has been problems with it with the drivers but everything else looks good

Vampiric Rouge

Well if you have that much cash to spend on it by all means thats a nice system. I also would have to say don't go with "Windows 64x" there are still a ton of driver isues. When i ran "Windows 64x" none of my devices worked it was a pain.

The Deceived

Oh right, ok then. Well I've been advised by quite a few people to not get the 64 edition of windows because of the problems you guys have stated.

So I'll get Windows XP Professional, and I'll look around for cheap prices on a CPU cooler!

Thanks very much!