New computer won't play/read discs

jessey

I bought a new HP dv9535nr notebook the other day and it has Windows vista home premium installed on it (the only option i had)

anyway...now, i cannot get the computer to read/play/open/etc ANY form of dics...not cds, dvds or program install discs...

in my device manager, the dvd/cd rom part says that 'the device cannot start' (code 10)

can ANYONE help ME??!?!!?!?!?!?

i have heard to go under 'regedit' and remove upper and lower filter, but i could never find anything like that, so im lost as to what i should do...besides pay MORE $$$ to get it fixed:eek:

shenry

If you bought it only a couple of days ago you should definetly be under warranty. Take it back to where you bought it, they should fix it for free if its pretty much new.Oh and Welcome to the Forum.

brian

VIP Member
try to reinstall the driver. go to hp's site and download the driver, then go to start (windows logo) and right click my computer, click manage, go to device manager and then click on dvd/cd rom and click on your drive, go to driver and hit uninstall. REBOOT!!! then reinstall the driver