new computer

masou2

I've read the 'how to build a computer' section which is great and has inspired me to build a computer. I haven't built one in a while, but just want to know if these parts would be compatible. The shop I buy them from are wholesalers and refuse to offer advice (liability purposes I guess) and only sell the parts.

It'd be great if someone could tell me if some other part is better, or if something won't work, or if something is missing or whatever. Thanks!

PS. I've left out parts like monitors and dvd burners that are pretty generic. i guess the advice I need is for the integral components.

CPU Core G6950 i3-550
Motherboard Asus P7H55-M
HD Seagate SATA 1T
Case and power supply Coolermaster RC330
Power supply Aerocool VP550
Video Card 1GB 5657 Gigabyte
Memory 4G Kit DDR3 1333 Kingston

fastdude

Get a reputable make of PSU, do you mean the 5670 or the 5650 for the GPU? There are lots of editions of the 56** series, you've got a mATX mobo,if it's the passive cooling edition it will take up bith your PCI-e slots. The G6950 is somewhat unheard of, it's the only chip under the "pentium" name compatible with socket 1156 :p 1333MHz RAM will not be a quick as RAM@ 1600MHz, there is only a minimal price difference. The HDD should be OK, 1TB is plenty, how much did it cost, and what is it going to be used for? :)