Windows 7 New GPU showing strange screen

Thigmo68

I wanted to upgrade my GPU recently. Nothing crazy, just something better than the terrible one I had in my 2013 computer.

When I took out the old one, put in the new one, this is the screen that shows up!

Old GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7570
New GPU: GT 1030

Here's my system:
  • Hewlett-Packard
  • Model: h8-1380t
  • i7-3930K
  • 16 gigs of ram

Any ideas? I can't figure out where to go from here.
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• fads.jpg
    fads.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Does it do that just in windows or does the boot screen look crazy too? It just be driver related. Did you uninstall the old driver and install the new driver?

Thigmo68

Thanks alot for the response!

It just does it once in windows, not the boot screen.
I did uninstall the old AMD driver. Thing is, I can't install driver for the new GPU once in Windows because I can't navigate the screen while it looks like that.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Boot to safe mode and see if it does it. Almost guarantee that this is a driver issue. It's possible there are still remnants left of the old driver. You can try downloading and running DDU which is display driver uninstaller. Pretty sure this has to run in safe mode though

Thigmo68

Thanks.
I booted into safe mode, installed the DDU, uninstalled all my drivers. Then restarted computer with the new card, and the same screen shows up once back into windows. I wonder if its just a bad card or something...