new heatsink & fan?

terminator

so im having some cooling issues mostly when i play a game like cod4. so i was wondering if a new heat sink and fan would help

hears my specs

i am running the stock heat sink and fan.

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ

OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

XFX HD-567X-YNFC Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512MB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

mtb211

you can try cleaning your cpu and readding thermal grease, also make sure the heatsink is fully installed. I run my i5 stock with no heating problems, same is said for my Core 2 Duo... are you overclocking ? How hot are we talking?

terminator

when i play cod4 it goes up to around 50c. my heat sink came with thermal compound applied but i have some arctic silver 5 i could use.

memory

50c is not hot enough to worry about yet. You are just fine. When you get to 70 and above, then you should start to worry.

Are you having any kinds of problems like the game crashing on you?

jarlmaster47

I would pick up another 2 gigs of ram if I were you. that would speed up ur computer immensely. cheap too. also upgrade that video card