[NEW PC € 1600,-] 3D, Multimedia, Post-Production, Gaming

urkiesn

Hi all,

Currently doing research for a new PC. I was hoping I could get some advice on my current configuration. My budget allows room for improvement. I have no idea if my current config is optimal. I guessed most of the parts with some tips from friends and google. I want it to be one hell of a beast! I have many doubts about RAM and find it quite confusing. I consider overclocking too.

Budget:
€ 1600,- ($ 2107,36)

Uses:
3D modeling, rendering, digital painting, video editing, post-production, gaming, etc.

qdw3SQR.png

SpringWater

Looks good, although with such high budget I would spend more on the gpu and get at least a gtx 770 and spend less on other things.

spirit

Staff member
Pretty good build, how much RAM have you gone for?

I think the 760 will probably be fine, if you've got a 2000 Euro budget though and you've only used 1600, you may as well spring for a better GPU and get a 770 or 780. You'll want the 4770K and at least 16GB of RAM, maybe 32GB for rendering.

The case doesn't look too great. If you like that style I would instead go for a Fractal Design Define R4 or a Fractal Design Define XL. They have the same sort of styling as that Cooler Master but looks like they have better cable management.

Jiniix

The Define R4 and XL (including XL R2 and Define R3) have excellent cable management. Just make sure your 8-pin CPU cable is long enough if you choose the XL :D
The Silencio barely has any management holes, it's trash.

spirit

Staff member
You can always buy a CPU power cable extension if you need to. :)

And yeah the Silencio didn't look great.