New PC build won't display

alij2021

I just built a new pc, AM5, with DDR5, Ryzen 5 7600 ans Asrock Riptide motherboard. I installed window's etc and e erything was ok. I used for a while then turned it off.

When I switch on sgain after 2 hours, my monitor turned off, I heard the windows start up sound, but then my monitor led turned orange and no display. There is no Post Checker Status.

What is the issue? I waited 20 minutes but in vain. No display.

Is it memory training? Because as far as I know, memory training takes about 3 minutes and only happens on the first boot up time.

Help

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using onboard video or a dedicated card? Did you build it correctly by making sure you didn't ground out motherboard to case with using the standoffs between motherboard and case? Do you have a system speaker attached to the motherboard to hear bios beeps? This is usually signs of grounding out.

alij2021

Are you using onboard video or a dedicated card? Did you build it correctly by making sure you didn't ground out motherboard to case with using the standoffs between motherboard and case? Do you have a system speaker attached to the motherboard to hear bios beeps? This is usually signs of grounding out.
Im using onboard card. I built the motherboard using its box. I meant i put it on the box then added the parts. Then placed in the case.

I have a speaker but im not understanding about the beep. I don't think i heard it. I heard the windows screen sound where to put the password. Except i dont see anything.

alij2021

I got a small static shock when touching one of the case screw. I noticed that the second time. Is this the cause? Should i tighten the motherboard screws well to the case?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You need to attach a system speaker to the motherboard.

61Sszns9SxL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Connect it to the speaker header on the motherboard labeled #20 in the following image.

speaker location.jpg

Other than that, I still believe you have are grounding out the motherboard. Did you install the standoffs between motherboard and case?

If you are getting shocked, that's an issue. It looks like that motherboard requires 10 standoffs.

alij2021

Huh i attached HD audio cable only. I don't think i have a speaker cable. And there was no standoff given. I used the screws directly. But i noticed one or 2 screws are not fully tightened. That's the cause?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you built a pc before? On most cases, metal standoffs are required to be used between motherboard and case. The case will have the standoffs pre-installed or in the bad of hardware provided.

alij2021

Have you built a pc before? On most cases, metal standoffs are required to be used between motherboard and case. The case will have the standoffs pre-installed or in the bad of hardware provided.
Yes mine is preinstalled i see. I have cooler master mb311l case. I put the mobo directly on it and screwed

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Tighten the screws and if that don't solve it then take the motherboard out of the case and assemble it on a piece of cardboard and see if it reacts correctly. Make sure the video cable is tight at both ends. Also try using a different monitor.

alij2021

Tighten the screws and if that don't solve it then take the motherboard out of the case and assemble it on a piece of cardboard and see if it reacts correctly. Make sure the video cable is tight at both ends. Also try using a different monitor.
I removed the motherboard to see if I missed a standoff, but all were there. I tightened them well. I got the same issue. I changed the HDMI and I got display. I used that HDMI a few years ago, and stopped using it. I do not think because I used it on another PC I got this. I am using a new one now. Hopefully I do not get this again.

A final question, I had to force shutdown a dozen of time due to this issue. A force shutdown by pressing the power button continuously is bad to my system?