New PC

magicguru1005

New Member
So I am looking to buy a new desktop. I built a custom PC about 4 years ago when I was in High School with the help of a friend, so I am not a complete noob, but I would say that I know more than the average person, so I still need some help, hence the post here. Anyways, it has been out of commission for a while now and I really miss having a desktop, my macbook isnt cutting it anymore. I am a college student, so I am looking for inexpensive. I do not play games or do video editing, but I like to run duel monitors, helps with school work and other multi-tasking. I tend to run a lot of programs at the same time, mainly itunes or VLC, bit torrent, Word, an email client, internet, virus protection of some kind, two externals pluged in, and duel monitors tend to be the norm. I also do video conversions, unrar files, make dvds and other miscellaneous things that I need to do. I am very busy with school work, swimming for my school, work, and my frat so I do not have time to build, even though I know I can build something better and for less than buying rebuilt. With being in college, things happen so a good warranty/ protection is a must. HP seems to be the best out there, they have a two year Accidental Damage Protection for $140 which seems like a good deal. So if anyone knows something that fits my needs that would be great to hear from you.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...w&email_id=1478238&jumpid=in_r329_emailconfig
that is a build I just did on HP. I forgot to add that I need wireless networking.
 
I don't recommend that. LGA 775 come to the end of its life, You can't get new CPU on LGA 775 in future.
Since you are mutlitasking, I would Athlon IIx 4 CPU, due to its price.

e9300z
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor AMD Athlon(TM) X4 630 quad-core processor [2.8GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MT/s bus] edit
Memory 4GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] edit
Hard drive 500GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive edit
Graphics card 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter] edit
Primary optical drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive edit
Networking Wireless-N LAN card edit
Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 1 USB, 1394, audio edit
TV & entertainment experience No TV Tuner edit
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports edit
Speakers No speakers edit
Keyboard and Mouse HP wireless keyboard and HP wireless optical mouse edit
Productivity software Microsoft(R) Works 9.0 edit
Security software Norton Internet Security(TM) 2010 - 15 month edit


Or if you want to stick with intel, get core i3 instead

p6370t series
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-530 dual-core processor [2.93GHz, 512KB L2 + 4MB shared L3 cache, DMI 2.5GT/s] edit
Memory 4GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] edit
Hard drive FREE UPGRADE! 640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB edit
Graphics card 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter] edit
Primary optical drive LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive edit
Networking Wireless-N LAN card edit
Front Productivity Ports 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, audio edit
TV & entertainment experience No TV Tuner edit
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 channel sound with front audio ports edit
Speakers No speakers edit
Keyboard and Mouse HP wireless keyboard and HP wireless optical mouse edit
Productivity software Microsoft(R) Works 9.0 edit
Security software No additional security software edit

I personally don't think it worth adding for insurance, but up to you.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top