New to laptops

Computer_Junkie

I have just recently bought my first laptop as detailed below, and have a couple of rookie questions to ask.

* It has PCI Express (does this mean that i can upgrade my video and if not what is it used for?)

* Is there a need to upgrade my memory?

Not that i am looking to have the super computer (or i would have kept my desktop), as i am totally satisfied with my laptop now but if it can be better then why not right!

Thanks.

Geoff

VIP Member
you have a good amount of memory, although upgrading it wouldnt hurt, and you can't updrage your video card. I am unclear on why they call it PCI Express cause you cant actually put a normal PCI-E card in it.

X24

they call it PCI-express, becuase thats the way the card is hooked up.

Its not that it uses the same thing that a normal desktop uses, but it connects like it, so it is faster then if it was connected some other way.

IDK how to explain it the best, but thats the best way i could think of explaining it......

XHotxEx791

They call it that because they use a pci-express bus on the motherboard. depending on manufacturer doubt you can upgrade, except for ones that you can get when you purchase.

X24

yes, 90% off them you can't unless like alienware makes them.

But some dells you can upgrade with a better one from dell spare parts.

alanuofm

VIP Member
i just looked on the site. if you buy a video card from acer it should connect to the pci express. they sell that same model with x700. contact acer.

Computer_Junkie

I just checked the site for products but i did not find anything, so i have sent an email to Acer and a waiting thier response. i will post later once i find out thanks