New to the field (and site)

LEROYDOZOIS

HEY GUYS (PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPS) I HAVE A CUT ON A EYE AND CANT SEE THE SMALLER LETTERING AS WELL (IF ANY)

I HAVE ALL THE VISUAL STUFF IN THE WORLD...AND NONE OF IT HELPS:(

IM VERY NEW TO THE FIELD OF COMPUTER REPAIR, AND I EVEN TOOK A CLASS LAST YEAR TO LEARN BUT COULDNT (BAD TEACHER):mad:

I LEARNED MORE READING "INTRO TO COMPUTER SYSTEMS" WHICH HE GAME ME FREE... THEN THE SEMESTER I SPENT WITH HIM :rolleyes:

I UNDER STAND THAT WITH COMPUTERS... WE ARE GOD "SMALL g"

WHAT I CANT FIGURE OUT IS HOW TO KNOW IF PARTS ARE GOING TO FIT PROPERLY... :eek:

IM GOING TO ADMIT FIRST OFF THE BAT- IM GOING TO SOUND VERY NUBEISH- AND SOMETIME JUST PLAIN SENSELESS..... BUT I HAVE A HABIT TO LACK NORMAL EDUCATION IN A FIELD AND AT ONCE JUMP FROM BEHIND TO AHEAD INSTANTLY....

IM CHECKING OUT THE WEBSITE... AND ILL BE SNOOPING AROUND THE VISTA SECTION...

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME :)

LEROY

jamesd1981

hi leroy welcome to the site :) , well just to start you off regarding knowing what components you can use, each motherboard will use a certain range of processors and also certain types of memory.

older motherboards will use intel pentium 3 or 4 and amd semperon etc processors, and in this age range will typicaly use ddr memory.

recent motherboards last 3 - 4 years will typicaly use likes of intel duo core and quad core, and a range of amd cpu, this age range will usually use ddr2 memory.

the newest motherboards now will supports the new i range of intels i3, i5 and i7, and a range amd cpu, and they will now use ddr3 memory.

and the newest motherboard now use usb 3.0 instead of usb 2.0.

with a new motherboard the paperwork will tell you what cpu it supports and memory etc, but with an older secondhand one you can usaully get the motherboard details make/model by looking at it, then google it and you will find the specs, or a simpler way if its in a running machine is a program called speccy 1.04 for www.piriform.com its a free program that details almost every component in the machine.

hope this has been a simple and easy place to start, hope you enjoy your time on the forum its full of friendly and helpful people.