racedude1984
New Member
Hello. I figured I would join get to see some peoples set ups and be able to maybe learn something. I'm working on upgrading/frankenstein my computer. Currently I have a HP media center m8200n. I love being able to watch tv and record but never came with dual monitor. I decided to upgrade my video card to be able to do so. Purchased a ATI 4670HD. Well discovered the with it being so big it covers my pcix1 port which is where my tvtuner card goes. Well things all added up and pretty much bought a whole new set up except for my processor amd x2 6000+ am2 socket. So heres my list of new set up
GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3
Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit
plus 2 ddr2 1 gig sticks that came with my HP media center.
thermaltake sopranoRS 101 case
AMD Athelon 64 x2 6000+
antec max cooler 92mm
seagate baracuda 500 gig + seagate HD that came with my media center
rocketfish 500w power
a bunch of LED blue fans
supertalent card reader
recycled HP dvd burner
Hauppauge TV tuner card recycled from media center
can't think of anything else right now. I think I make a good start. I'm not a real extreme gamer just a multi tasker I watch alot of TV from the internet and like being able to watch the tv and the monitor.
I will post pics of my set up when I find the thread to do so. Happy posting.
GIGABYTE GA-MA770-UD3
Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit
plus 2 ddr2 1 gig sticks that came with my HP media center.
thermaltake sopranoRS 101 case
AMD Athelon 64 x2 6000+
antec max cooler 92mm
seagate baracuda 500 gig + seagate HD that came with my media center
rocketfish 500w power
a bunch of LED blue fans
supertalent card reader
recycled HP dvd burner
Hauppauge TV tuner card recycled from media center
can't think of anything else right now. I think I make a good start. I'm not a real extreme gamer just a multi tasker I watch alot of TV from the internet and like being able to watch the tv and the monitor.
I will post pics of my set up when I find the thread to do so. Happy posting.