New Troubleshooting Site

deadamc

Hello,

I would like to get opinions from you guys about a site I will be launching soon. I will be launching a computer troubleshooting site for PC's by Feb 1st and I need some suggestions about a few things that would make it better for anyone looking for computer help. The site is going to be free to everyone and just a big resource site about fixing your pc. Below is what I'm trying to consider...

1) How should the site be organized for the most efficency? For example, if you came to a troubleshooting site.. how would you want it to be organized for you to be able to get the most use out of it?

2) What main sections should be created, about 5-6 different categories.

3) Anything else you would like to be included in the site?

Thanks for your opinions ahead of time.

Adam Murray

SFR

Truth fears no questions
deadamc said:
Hello,

I would like to get opinions from you guys about a site I will be launching soon. I will be launching a computer troubleshooting site for PC's by Feb 1st and I need some suggestions about a few things that would make it better for anyone looking for computer help. The site is going to be free to everyone and just a big resource site about fixing your pc. Below is what I'm trying to consider...

If I were to create a troubleshooting website, I might model it after this site...

1) How should the site be organized for the most efficency? For example, if you came to a troubleshooting site.. how would you want it to be organized for you to be able to get the most use out of it?
You answered your own question:

2) What main sections should be created, about 5-6 different categories.

It depends on if you want an open forum (message forum) like this site or an instant chat site or a private message site where there could be a few experts who will just answer questions ...