Newegg new site looks

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I got a message to test out newegg new site format at http://www2.newegg.com. I really hope they dont decide to go with this format. I personally thinks it sucks and that the way it is now is much better. Let me know what you think of the new site format.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
comapred to what they have now, i like it ... course i like a rock compared to what they have now

SlothX311

newegg now really isnt that graphical, its sorta plain, and i think i like it that way, sorta gives it that newegg feel you know, its not really that user friendly as it is now, but i think thats for the better, because if you know what you want and why your on the site, then its not that easy to get sidetracked, with xoxide or tigerdirect, there are just to many ads, like about getting a whole system, or this and that, bundled software and that sorta thing

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Def!

It's not bad....actually better than before. However, moving towards more graphics as this seems to do is not always the best thing. I believe that this is one of the cases. It just detracts from the purpose....to sell and present a product without too much hassle around it. I give it 7 out of 10.

JAN :D

Yeti

VIP Member
it might be the old newegg site. lol
Except that the copyright is 2005 ;)

I don't know. Does everyone else have those big margins when they look at the site? It seems more cramped than the old site.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
No question about it, I prefer the current new egg site to the possible new one, on 1024x768, the current one spans the entire page, and is easy to navigate, the proposed new one, is all bunched up into around 800 pixels wide, and not as easy to navigate as the current one. Also the proposed new one, some of the images have rough edges.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Actually the new version is better. You are right about the new design that does not fill the page up...but I see it that it's no longer so overwhelming. You see less info at once. That means you like it better. Now I don't like the page to take up the whole page as well at 1024 by 768. You still have to take into account the fact that many people still use 800 by 600 and the old version would look crappy to say the least. This is my view on the matter. And IF ANYONE USES MORE THAN 1024 by 768 than obviously it will look BAD! But over 95% of users use 1024 by 768! I SAY LOWER YOUR RESOLUTION :eek:

JAN :D