Next thing to upgrade?

Breadman177

New Member
Ok my system is in my sig, what would be the 1st 2nd 3rd thing I should upgrade to increase gaming performance? I don't have alot of money so if I were to get an extra $50-$100 what would should I go for?
 
I'm still kinda new to the gaming computers but personally i would save that $50-100 and get a better graphics card when i get around $200
 
Well I will probably never have that much as if I don't spend that 50-100 immediately my wife will..lol I bought this video card a year ago and figured I could get a better one with that much money seeing as how this one was under 100 back then.
 
I 100% agree with getting a 550 Phenom II right now as the first upgrade. This would give a huge boost in gaming performance over a Phenom I 7750.

Second upgrade would have to be a new card. For a video card, in a under $100 price range I'd probably recommend a 5670.

Third get a new motherboard. Don't get ram, because you will need to upgrade to a full AM3 board with DDR3 ram eventually.
 
well yeah it would be best if he upgraded his proc aswell but to be fair you dont need to as you have a better proc than mine by miles and even i can play games like COD MW2 fine at res 1680 so dont need to i would personally wait for the siz cores to come out as it would be a huge waiste to upgrade now when there coming out this month
 
CPU first, get a X2 555BE or i you can find a good deal on a 720BE. Video card next. After that, dont know how long it would really take you, but by then you might as well upgrade to a AM3 board and get DDR3 memory.
 
Well it will be at LEAST a year probably several before I can upgrade mobo and get new ram for it..lol I play a game hardly anyone plays but everyone says it's more processor based than most games. I play Vanguard and I run fine with what I have most of the time but I get alot of hitching, like run run run fine then stop for 2-6 seconds. Some people said bumping up over 2 gigs helped them with that, but I'm not sure the real cause. As long as I can play this game fine I am happy :)

Alot of people said to get a processor as close or over 3 gigs for that game and since it doesn't use multicore effectively I chose a higher gig instead of lower and more cores with my budget.
 
Last edited:
AMD Phenom II 550 Callisto Dual-Core (3.1 gigahertz) Processor - $88

would be my advice

then personally with your budget save it :)

then the RAM - which is cheap and most likely would be needed to hold you off another year.

IDK i like RAM always seems to speed things up hehe.
 
Yeah Ram always seems like the easiest and cheapest route in an upgrade, I might be getting another 2 gig stick for a late B Day present in a week or 2. I might also be getting a free velociraptor for free around the same time. Hopefully that will make good improvements.

Thank you everybody for your input :)
 
Back
Top