No bootable device. (Forgot admin password to access bios)

DellXPS9310

Hi so I have a Dell XPS 13 9310 (2022) running Ubuntu 22.04.
I had been practising trying to crack wifi. Left it running but locked my laptop until I returned. I come back and reboot my pc, for it to show NO BOOTABLE DEVICE FOUND! When I access bios I can see Ubuntu is still there. I can’t access anything because I don’t know the admin password.
I tried disconnecting the battery to reset the password, but apparently that doesn’t go for new laptops.
Can anybody give me some advice? Please I’m hoping to save my files, if we can’t well I don’t mind

Couriant

I am not sure what you mean by 'can't access anything because you don't know the admin password'. At what point are you needing to use this 'admin password'?

If you meant for the BIOS, you stated that you were able to get into the BIOS, unless the password is set to prevent changes. If that is the case, then on the newer Dells AFAIK you will need to contact Dell and with proof of ownership (receipt, etc) then they will send you a password for the BIOS to log into it and disable the passwords.

If it's something else, i.e. for the drive, then that sounds like a BitLocker key. That is commonly either in the Microsoft account that this machine first used to sign into, or in Active Directory with the company that owns the machine.

If you are talking about an admin account on Ubuntu, you could always use a LiveUSB to run Ubuntu (not install) and then access the drive to get to your files (assuming there is no encryption on the drive)