no desktop?

loserpunkx182

hey i've been tryin to figure out this problem for a while..it's my roommates computer...his computer was swamped with spywares and virus so we did a run for those stuff...he did something wheni wasn't around and rebooted with no desktop icons or taskbars but ctrl+alt+delete brings up the task manager...in the task manager we can go file-->new task and we can opening things up that way and we can see the desktop with icons. when we go into safe mode we have a desktop with icons and taskbar and can even use the internet that way....is there anyway to fix this without reformating or reinstall windows :confused:

Alphatronix

Just read another thread with the same problem... Basically, if you log off from task bar manager and log back on, the desktop icons and tool bar will show up... Unfortunitly, to fix this problem, your going to need to reformat comp... I have experianced this problem before and there was nothing i could do...

Super_Nova

in task manager for new task type in explorer.exe and see if it doesn't show up. At this point you might as well just format the whole thing and start over.