No signal in underground parking garage

peter912

I am not able to use my Android SmartPhone, in the underground parking garage in my building . The Property Manager told me that his i Phone works down there . Is this true, that i phones get reception in an underground parking garage, while android phones do not and why would this be so ?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It all depends on your carrier and how strong the signal is there. Has nothing to do with type of phone.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Basically what John said... unless your android phone's antenna design sucks hard and isn't great on reception, there's nothing you could really do. What phone do you have?

beers

Staff member
As per others it depends more on the carrier, the antenna properties between smartphones aren't that different, although depending on the radio that's on the device would dictate which bands it could communicate on.

Concrete absorbs tf out of radio frequencies, so if your tower isn't pretty close it's not surprising you observe loss of signal. They likely have a different carrier that may have a different signal strength depending on where the tower is located in relation to the parking garage.